Sep 22, 2009

My Sister's Keeper My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

i was drawn to the book mainly due to the trailer of the upcoming movie featuring Cameron Diaz. plus i've heard of the book for quite some time but it never got to the top of my tbr list before.

If you still haven't heard of the storyline, it's about how a family with a terminally ill child, genetically engineered another to be the Saviour. However, it came to a point where the child, Anna, no longer willing to be her sister's donor, files a lawsuit against her parents for the rights of her own body.

The book did touch on a few difficult topics and given the situation, a very heart-wrenching storyline. However, the book just didnt grab my attention the way it should.

Anyway, i have to say it was an interesting read. i don't hate it, but at the same time, it won't be part of my all-time favorite either.

View all my reviews >>

2 Comments:

  1. Ceri said...
    This was my first experience with Jodi Picoult's books. I read it about a year or two ago and, while I enjoyed it, I soon realised that Picoults novels are very much the same. It all revolves around a 'controversial' subject filled with plenty of court room scenes.
    Lilue said...
    Yeah, this was my first experience too and was told that this was her best novel to date.. although i liked the storyline, i guess the book itself didnt appeal to me...

Post a Comment