Jan 20, 2011

Wings (Wings, #1)Wings by Aprilynne Pike

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm pleasantly surprised that i like this book. I started reading Wicked Lovely, but it wasnt quite as intesting to me. Could be because the language is too teen-lingo? maybe.



It started with Laurel's first day at school after years of homeschooling. She's always been different, but never gave it much thought. She met David, a friendly classmate who's into science. She woke up one morning with a bump on her back, which turned out to be a wing-like flower and resulted in the revelation that she is actually a plant/faerie. With the help of a male-faerie, Tamani, she learned about her background & how she ended up being adopted by humans.



I liked the flow of the story & also how the author weaved in the love-triangle. However, i still ca3nt imagine the wing-like flower, which wilted after a period & the whole faerie-world yet. Maybe the next book will bring some light on it.





View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment