May 25, 2009

MUSING MONDAY is hosted by Rebecca from Just One More Page. Today's musing is about early reading…

Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? Was it from a particular person, or person(s)? Do you remember any books that you read, or were read to you, as a young child?

I dont exactly remember how i developed a love for reading, but my mum used to read to me back when we were in the States. I was about 2 then & my mum stayed home while my dad finishes his Masters. She'd read all the fairytales to me - Cinderella, Snow White etc.. & i'd start it off for her with the phrase "Once upon a time" even though i cant even read then.. (note: i dont remember this period but have been told about it by my parents for the umpteenth time, so most likely to be true..)

The love of reading could also have been passed on to me since before i was born.. haha.. well, my parents, both teachers, were doing lots of extra grading while my mum was pregnant (& throughout my younger years - therefore means no school-holiday-trips for me back then ;p), so i was literally born around books & exam papers.. & with my dad continuing his Masters, also involving lots of required reading. Guess seeing both my parents reading all the time when i was young triggered the interest, although nowadays even my parents are surprised with the amount of reading that i do.. hehe..

Some of the first books that i read was of course, the Peter & Jane books...
This is Peter.
This is Jane.

This is Peter & Jane.
Haha.. dont think i can forget those line.. But at the same time, i dont think i was formally taught to read.. In fact, my mum swears that it was The Sesame Street who taught me how to read.. it could be that my first teachers was my mum & Big Bird.. haha..

Lilue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment