May 6, 2009

"She told the audience that one of the best things about books is that they are an interactive art form: that while the author may describe in some detail how a character looks, it is the reader's imagination that completes the image, making it his or her own....She talked about the tactile joys of reading, the feel of a page beneath one's fingers; the elegance of typeface on a page. She talked about how people complain that they don't have time to read, and reminded them that if they gave up half an hour of television a day in favor of reading, they could finish twenty-five books a year." - Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg


I dont know how other people reads, but i do agree that when i read, i would imagine how the character would look like, especially when it was well-written. So imagine how dissapointed i'd be if the books-made-into-movie are not able to translate that charactor for me. For example, i've read Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, and Tom Hanks sooooo do not fit the description of Robert Langdon. I imagined him to look more like a younger version of Harisson Ford. Well, i guess they couldnt find one who looked like that.. hehe..

Anyway, my reading has hit a wall these days.. a little too busy with work, plus been fiddling waaay too much with my new phone & goodreads, instead of reading.. hehe.. can i reach the target of 50 per year..? I'm already at 18, since a week ago...

I should add this book to my goodreads TBR list.. man, if only getting hold of these books are as easy as listing them out.. hehe.. there are loads of items out there that i would like to read, but time & money are my enemies..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment